ANNUAL REPORT OF FRIENDS OF CHILDREN FOR 2018
2018 was a TRANSFORMATIONAL YEAR in the life of Friends of Children of North Central Florida. Since opening the first foster family home in this area in December of 2013, with our first foster family Scott and Monica Mueller, over 100 children have been cared for in our 4 foster family homes. We have been able to keep sibling groups together and have seen 17 children adopted into their new forever families. These homes were built to provide individuals the opportunity to minister to children who may not have all the resources such as a large home with lots of bedroom and living space. Because of the community support we have been able to provide housing for our foster families enabling them to keep sibling groups together and provide ongoing assistance to our foster parents.
- The largest number of children served in a single year.
- The largest number of foster families served
- Our area foster parents recognized for their service and commitment to our area children and families in need
- The completion of our foster family homes playground area
- Friends of Children of North Central Florida held their first Denim and Diamonds banquet at the Santa Fe River Ranch in Alachua. This first Denim and Diamonds banquet was held to continue to raise funds for our area, while communicating and educating our local community regarding the ongoing needs of our foster families and to kick off our Brave Moms initiative. Our newest ministry in partnership with One More Child will provide preventive resources to keep children together with their families and out of the foster care system. This new program once started, will provide housing, training, mentors, food, child care and other necessary resources into the lives of moms trying to make a difference and not become another statistic. The work has begun with the board of Friends of Children of North Central Florida looking at homes in our area so we can begin helping our brave moms.
The needs our great, families are still needing help and children caught up in the foster care system still need support, care and love. We will continue to work with our community individuals, churches, businesses and the many friends of children that have been made since this journey began 2002. Thank you for your continued prayers and support for our foster families, the children in care and now our newest ministry Brave Moms.